Print Correction Save

Care Quality Commission

Domestic Violence and Abuse-Abuse can take many forms and all of them are unacceptable.The most common forms of abuse are physical abuse,neglect,financial abuse,sexual abuse,racial abuse and pychological or emotional abuse often involving threats of harm or abandonment or blame and controlling behaviour.

If you are subjected to abuse or suspect a vulnerable adult is being abused,the first priority is to ensure that the individual is safe.If immediate help is needed,dial 999 and ask for police.Then contact Social Services and speak to a duty Social worker or care manager.

Call Social Services 01895 556633

Action will be taken to ensure the vulnerable adult is protected in the future.Where a criminal offence has been commited the police will be informed.

The Care Quality Commission is responsible for inspecting all residential and nursing homes in the borough.They have the power to investigate reported incidents of abuse.

CQC National Customer Service Centre, City Gate, Gallowgate, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 4PA
Area serviced:
03000 616161
Opening times:
Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30pm

Related Information

Related Factsheets

Subject Definitions

Ask your provider for a copy of their complaints procedure. Every social care service is required by law to have one and to make arrangements for dealing with complaints. This stage is also called the local resolution stage as it encourages people to try to resolve the complaint at local level and to put things right. If you need help, with this there are organisations that can help you. •Age UK provides advice and factsheets that may be able to help you. •In some areas Citizens Rights for Older People (CROP) can provide advice and assistance.
Words, conduct or action, usually repeated or persistent that, being directed at a specific person, annoys, alarms, or causes substantial emotional distress in that person and serves no purpose.