Print Correction Save

People with Physical and sensory disabilities team

A specialist social worker who can communicate by sign language and lip-reading can give you guidance in your home or at their office on problems you may experience relating to your disability. Special equipment such as special doorbells, alarms and telephone aids, may be obtained through Social Services. Full details of all the clubs for people with a hearing impairment can be obtained from PPSD as well.

People with Physical and Sensory Disabilities Team (PPSD), Social Services, 2N/08 Civic Centre, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1UW
Umbrella org:
London Borough of Hillingdon
01895 556 633, Minicom: 01895 556 452, Emergency: 01895 250 111
01895 556 233

Related Information

Related Factsheets

Subject Definitions

Disability, according to the World Health Organization, is " umbrella term, covering impairments, activity limitations, and participation restrictions. An impairment is a problem in body function or structure; an activity limitation is a difficulty encountered by an individual in executing a task or action; while a participation restriction is a problem experienced by an individual in involvement in life situations.